Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Oh Deer! New Year! New Workout!

(written on NYE)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hope you all are having a wonderful time as I sit writing this blog at work. LOL I am working at the hospital until midnight. Just my luck. I always have the worst luck on New Years. Couldn't get today off because I was too slow at requesting it. :( So sad. But it's just as well. I always have bad luck on New Years.

Last year, coming home from a friend's house in Boerne which was less than 15 minutes away, I hit a deer 5 minutes into my drive back to my place. It was so upsetting to me. I felt so bad for the deer. She actually ran back and forth and then into my car wheel well on the driver's side. I tried to honk but it didn't work. They say you should do that so they'll run away. Usually, it works. The people in the car behind me stopped and comforted me until the cops came. I was pitch dark out except for car lights. When two cop cars came, one cop came and took a report from me and the other one ended up having to shoot her. I guess when they approached her she wouldn't get up. She was just sitting there. It looked like she was ok but she wasn't. I don't know what they do with the animal's body after they shoot them but the cop disappeared quick. I never looked to see if she was still there. I just tried to stop crying so I could drive and left as soon as they let me. I'll remember her every year! RIP deer! :( There's my sappy bad-luck-on-New-Years story.

So tonight at work. I'll be going upstairs to my favorite ward to drink and toast (with a non-alcoholic grape beverage) to the New Year at 11pm to bring in the New Year as it hits our country first (on the east coast). We decided 11 would be the best time since we are hoping to be out the hospital doors before the clock strikes midnight. HOPING! LOL

Ok so onto what my blog is supposed to be about! My fit journey has brightened up a bit! Courtesy of a coach from down undah! I didn't think I would win but I posted on her page for her contest to win a free weekly personalized workout plan. She is Australia's Carla Britten. I tell ya, I have looked high and low, and now looking for real help all the way across a couple of ponds! Let's see what she can do to help me out for a little bit. :)




D'Anna
xo

1 comment:

  1. Oh no I'm so sorry about that experience! How sad :(

    I hope you still had a good New Year's! Next time you need to plan better.

    Yay for your new coach! I think that's awesome that you won and how amazing her transformation was! What did she place in the competition?

    ReplyDelete