Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Food Prep Night

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!! Hope y'all had a great holiday weekend with your family and friends! Some of you never strayed from your healthy diet. Some of you completely went nuts over all the delicious treats and probably overdid it (I was "probably" in this group lol). And then there's those middle people who can control themselves and eat treats in moderation (yea, right!).

I'm going to confess quite a bit through this blog. It's the only way to keep myself accountable. I haven't worked out since the other day (...was it 3 days ago?). I worked out maybe a lil too hard and I had never done that workout DVD without taking a break before. This time, I didn't take a break. Just went hard the full 25 minutes. Bad idea for just getting back into it. Killed the quads and glutes doing squats/lunges so it was really hard to move around the last few days. Even in my sleep I was in pain. I have had my time to recover and I'll be back to it tomorrow though.

Anyways, tonight! Is food prep night! First one in a few months! I was excited to do it but lazy to get it going. (I'm being completely honest.)

No more guessing what I'm going to eat every day and making bad meal choices.

I usually love food prep day but I had to fight myself to do it tonight. It was all that inner dialogue of bad excuses! *sigh*...

"I need to thaw the fish (reads directions on package)...oh I can do it overnight in the fridge!!!".

"I will just do it tomorrow when I get home."

"I will just do it this weekend!!"

Well I mentally kicked that inner dialogue's butt!

No excuses! No need to wait!!! Do it now!!! Lazy ass! So.....

I threw the fish in cold water to thaw. Threw the chicken on a cookie sheet and threw it in the oven. (Yes, I THREW it! Lol jk) The rest was history and I eventually finished in less than 2 hours. 12 pre-cooked meals done! 3 for each day but I have to actually consume 5-6 meals a day.
_______________________________
Here's my beginning meal plan:

MEAL 1 - 4 egg whites , 1/2 cup oatmeal

MEAL 2 - PRE-MADE
4-6 oz chicken breast ,1/4 cup brown rice

MEAL 3 - PRE-MADE
4-6 oz whitefish, 3 asparagus spears

MEAL 4 -
2 egg whites, 2 whole boiled eggs, 10 plain unsalted almonds

MEAL 5 - PRE-MADE
4-6 oz. chicken breast (or 4-6 oz. whitefish u may alternate) & 1 cup of broccoli/cauliflower crowns

MEAL 6- (if able)
4 egg whites 1 pc. ezekiel bread

*Every third day add 1/2 cup brown rice to meal 5 substituted for the broccoli/ cauliflower
_______________________________

So why would you put off anything today that you could do tomorrow? Well...Because NO ONE sees results TODAY if they keep putting it off until tomorrow. :)

TODAY IS THE DAY! Let's get moving!!!





1 comment:

  1. I'm so gonna do this too! Thank you for this post! I'm saving it! :)

    ReplyDelete