Saturday, December 22, 2012

Stackin'!

Got all my groceries for food prep day and then visited my local Vitamin Shoppe for my supplements. Here's what I bought:

- Dymatize Elite Gourmet Vanilla (2 lb) tub

- Bodytech glutamine/BCAA powder

- Vitamin D-3

Watched Dr.Oz the other day and decided I needed some vitamin D since I don't see the sun often due to my evening work schedule at the hospital. :0/

I'll be the first to admit I know absolutely nothinggggg about supplements. I would take the sales guy's advice instead of researching it first or asking other friends who workout. Luckily, I now have a coach so he told me what to get. It was easy after that.

Then, it came down to the taste test.

I was advised to switch out my beloved almond milk :( for water. So I mixed the Dymatize Elite protein powder with just water in a shaker along with the Bodytech glutamine/BCAA powder. Thought I'd just drink it all at one time and I would be good to go. How was it? IT WAS HORRENDOUS! Tasted like a chalky bitter vanilla mess. LOL I sucked it up and just drank it all.

So the next time I had to drink up, I mixed the glutamine/BCAA, separate from the protein, into orange juice. Much better choice. Masked it completely! The protein was easier to drink by itself too.

I also take Omega-3s. I started taking them a year ago for a different reason but they're great for brain and heart health.

Supplement Daily Consumption:
• Dymatize Elite Protein: 31g twice a day (pre/post workout)
• Bodytech BCAA/Glutamine: 6.53g twice a day (pre/post workout)
• Naturemade Fish Oil/Omega-3: 3 softgels (3000mg)
• Vitamin Shoppe vitamin D-3: 1 softgel (2000 IU)


No comments:

Post a Comment